SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness - Personal Trainer
Take your fitness career to a new level, become a personal trainer with a Certificate IV in Fitness
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness is the course for those wishing to become a registered Personal Trainer. You will develop the specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups in a variety of settings. You’ll be responsible for developing, implementing and supervising exercise programs for your clients.
This course will provide you with the skills that you need to motivate, educate and be a big part of your clients’ health and fitness journey.
Online + classroom + work placement.
This course is self-paced; however, students have a maximum of 12 months to complete.
The SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness requires completion of 20 units of competency (12 core and 8 elective) to meet the requirements of a qualified personal trainer. Units have been grouped into 9 learning modules as outlined below.
* SISFFIT012 is an optional elective unit and not required for completion of SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. Students that complete the unit will add to their scope of practice upon graduation and be able to work with children aged 5-12 years.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of guided work placement over the duration of the course. Work placement allows students to put their learning into practice, gain some industry experience and build confidence to ensure students are job ready at its completion.
Where possible, Fernwood Learning will assist students to find a suitable work placement at a Fernwood Women’s Health Club.
Fernwood Learning run practical workshop weekends for training and assessment within the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. These 3-day face-to-face workshops involve practical training and observation of some assessment tasks. Workshops are optional, however students that do not attend the workshop will be required to complete the observation assessments via video.
For entry into the Certificate IV in Fitness, students must hold the following units of competency, as well as a current first aid and CPR certificate:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations and specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
A pre-training review is also used to determine your suitability for the qualification and to ensure you are capable of completing the course.
If you hold the SIS30310 or SIS30313 Certificate III in Fitness you will need to complete the Bridging Course – Skill Set in SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness prior to enrolling in the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness.
Graduates may also choose to diversify their skills and knowledge by undertaking continual education courses within the fitness industry in order to expend their scope of practice. Graduates may also wish to undertake bachelor level qualifications such as a bachelor of exercise science to become an exercise physiologist.
get in touch:
To learn more about our courses simply fill in the form below: